The Young Carers meet up together every month in school. Its a great chance to have some quality time together to have fun, and to meet other Young Carers in the school.
Seven Fields Primary School will:
• Provide Young Carers with opportunities to access support from staff where they can meet someone in private. We will not discuss their situation in front of their peers.
• Appreciate that Young Carers will not discuss their family situation unless they feel comfortable. The young person’s role will be acknowledged and respected.
• Treat Young Carers in a sensitive and child centred way, upholding confidentiality.
• Ensure Young Carers can access all available support services in school. This can be on a 1:1 basis with key staff, as well as to be invited to attend a monthly Young Carers after school club.
• Provide staff access to information to enable them to recognise indications that a child has a caring responsibility.
• Include methods of regularly evaluating the effectiveness of policy and support( in addition to meeting OFSTED requirements)