Loading ...

Nelson Mandela

Dear Parent/Carers

Just by chance last night I was browsing through channels and came across a movie called “The long walk to freedom” which is a fictional representation of the life of Nelson Mandela. If you haven’t seen it then I recommend you watch it (adults only) as it it a very good representation by Idris Elba of Mandela’s story. This month we have been thinking about inspirational people as part of Black history month and Mandela for me, was certainly that. The thing I remember the most was despite years of persecution from the white South African regime, upon his release, he simply forgave his captors and did not seek revenge. To be able to demonstrate such compassion and understanding following such a long incarceration demonstrates to me that he wanted other people to follow in his footsteps. Every day I draw inspiration from these words

Make a difference
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”